With a history that begins back in 1958, Morris Murdock Travel, LLC, is the largest privately-owned leisure travel agency in the Intermountain Area. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT, Morris Travel has offices in Utah, Idaho and Montana and independent agents across the United States.
Morris Murdock Travel began in 1958 when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) approached Franklin Murdock about starting an agency to handle the travel needs of its employees and missionaries. The modern Morris Murdock Travel is the result of combining multiple other travel companies, including the 1996 merger of Morris Travel and Beehive Tours and Travel and the 2000 merger of Morris Travel and Murdock Travel, among others. The company also developed from several acquisitions including Seattle's Diamond Travel in 1995, Corporate Travel Services in 1996, and Utah's LDS Travel Study, a provider of LDS faith-based travel, in November 2008. In addition, Morris Travel started Morris Air in 1984, which chartered flights to Hawaii and Mexico from Utah. Due to its growth, Morris Air was sold to Southwest Airlines in 1995. Morris Murdock sold its business travel division to Hess Travel in January 2009 in order to better serve its corporate clients.
As the oldest and largest privately owned leisure travel agency in Utah and the Intermountain region of the United States, Morris Murdock became an associate of Carlson Wagonlit Travel in 2002 and joined the American Express U.S. Representative Travel Network in July 2007 . In the first quarter of 2010, Morris Murdock Travel left American Express and joined the Signature Travel Network, an international network of 190 agencies that generates $4 billion in annual travel sales
Morris Murdock, LLC has seven business divisions to serve our various customers: Morris Murdock Travel for our leisure travelers, Murdock Escorted Tours, Morris Meetings & Incentives, Morris Murdock Business Travel, Black Pearl Luxury Services, Panorama Tours and Jensen Baron Travel Express.
- Morris Murdock Escorted Tours (MMET) is the "group travel" department of Morris Murdock Travel which specializes in hosted vacation tours and cruises to destinations using experienced guides and directors. Formed as a separate company in 1958, MMET was the first tour operator to offer Latter-day Saint (Mormon) faith-based and Church History escorted tours. Since its inception, the group has expanded its offerings to include humanitarian, shopping, educational, historical, incentive and other theme-oriented cruises and tours. The company often selects tour guides that are considered experts in their field or celebrities with an attachment to the destination or tour's theme.
- Morris Meetings and Incentives' (MMI) was originally started in 1996 as a group leisure branch of Morris Murdock Travel and was formed into a separate company in 1998. The company focuses on specialized programs for incentive groups, meetings, conference and executive retreats and developed a proprietary software called ORCHID to provide clients with online registration. In July 2009 The Housing Connection, LLC purchased ORCHID Event Solutions to bolster their online registration and housing services with MMI maintaining close ties to the company.
- Black Pearl Luxury Services is a division of Morris Murdock that focuses on luxury, exotic, F.I.T. (Foreign Independent Travel) and higher-end travel. The group provides concierge services for travelers including event ticket assistance, personal shopping, dining reservations, destination information, car and air charters, household services and health and recreation services.
- LDS Travel Study (LDSTS) is a sub-company of Morris Murdock Travel that focuses on escorted tours for members of the Latter-day Saint (Mormon) faith. Founded after Brigham Young University closed down their travel department, Morris Murdock purchased LDS Travel Study in November 2008 for an undisclosed amount. The division's destinations mainly focus around sites that are historically important to the LDS religion including Israel, Egypt, Canada and various sites in North America. LDS Travel Study itineraries differentiate from Morris Murdock Escorted Tours packages in that they place heavier emphases on site cultural, political, spiritual, geographical and geological studies.
- Jensen Baron Travel Express is an air consolidator sub-company of Morris Murdock Travel formed in 1984 that offers discounted airfare and increased commissions for travel agents to locations in Hawaii, Europe, North America, the Middle East, Central America and South America. The company is currently negotiating rates and commissions for flights to Asia.
- SOLO Independent Contractor Program is a program developed by Morris Murdock to provide an avenue of support for independent travel consultants that allows travel agents to create their own "company" under the umbrella of Morris Murdock Travel. Morris Murdock has operated the program since 1994 and currently works with over 30 independent contractors by providing access to the agency's booking systems, vendor relationships and industry training.
Awards & Recognition
Our team always strive to exceed your expectations. We are honored to have been recognised for excellence in each facet of our service. Thank you to all of our customers and travelers for your continued support.
- Signature Summit Club Top Producer Award, 2010, 2011, 2012,2013, 2014. 2015
- Funjet 500 Club Platinum Member 2013, 2014 2015
- Signature Summit Club Top Producer Award, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. 2015
- Princess Cruise Lines President’s Club Award 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. 2015
- Viking River Cruises – Platunim Circle 2011, 2015
- Delta Vacation Diamond Top Producer, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. 2015
- Western Region Travel Agency of the Year, Royal Caribbean International, 2013
- Annual Power List, Travel Weekly, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
- Utah's Best of State Award, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Representative Excellence Award, American Express Travel, 2008
- Pinnacle Club Award, Carnival Cruise Line, 2004, 2007
- Best Online Marketing Strategy, Travel Age West, 2007, runner-up
- Mousecar Award for Top Sales, Disney Vacations, Sept. 2000
- Outstanding Achievement Award, Norwegian Cruise Line, 1996